It’s a time we look forward to, when things begin to feel fresh and light again, after a long, cold winter. It’s spring again, and soon you’ll start thinking about a little spring cleaning.
Here are 10 tips to get your home spring-ready:
- Have carpets cleaned. There are many environmentally-safe options on the market today, so shop around.
- Give towels, sheets, pillow cases and blankets a wash, but be sure to leave a set out for use!
- Get your broom out and sweep under furniture when possible, especially those areas rarely given attention.
- Give windows a cleaning. Use your garden hose for hard to reach spots on the outer windows and just some soapy water and a sponge for the inside.
- Toss things like condiments and produce that have passed their due date.
- On a warmer day, open all of the windows in your home to get a good cross-ventilation going.
- Have clothes and jackets that have been stowed for the winter washed or dry cleaned—it’s a great way to get that feeling of “clean” in an instant.
- Don’t forget about your car—it’s needs a spring cleaning, too! Vacuum seats and vents and wipe down the dashboard and steering wheel—like new!
- Steam clean your couch. There are several portable and mobile units on the market today that you can have a fresh couch in under 20 minutes!
- Finally, give your house a good old fashioned dusting—from light fixtures to kitchen cupboards, give it a once-over..
Try not to overwhelm yourself, break up tasks into small chunks. You’ll be done and ready to enjoy your house in no time.