Custard is a great way to end a meal, as it brings out the natural flavours of fruit. This version, made with Greek yogurt, is a must-try when the hot weather hits and we feel the urge to eat lighter.
- 300 ml (1 1/4 cups) 35% cooking cream
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) honey
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Oikos plain yogurt
- One and a half sheets of gelatine (or 2 ml [½ tsp.] of powdered gelatine dipped in 15 ml (1 tsp.) of cold water)
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) granulated white sugar
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) red wine vinegar
- About 20 strawberries (ideally from Quebec, if seasonal)
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) slivered almonds, roasted in the oven for 5 minutes at 350°F (180°C) in an ungreased pan
1- In a small saucepan, bring the cream to a boil with the honey. Remove from heat.
2- Add the yogurt and the gelatine diluted in water. Pour into small individual ramekins, then let settle in the refrigerator. For optimal results, refrigerate for 24 hours.
3- In a bowl, melt the sugar in the vinegar. Clean, stem and cut the strawberries in quarters. Add the strawberries to the vinegar mixture.
4- Put on top of the custard when serving and garnish with roasted almonds.