Tacos are a big part of Mexican cuisine and are usually made with ground beef. For a new twist on this old favourite and to increase your fish consumption, why not substitute the meat with canned tuna? This recipe is ideal for nights when you get home late and want to cook up something quick and easy. Simply heat up the tuna with the seasoning and garnish to your liking.
- Preheat oven or convection oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Wrap the soft tortillas in aluminum foil and heat for about 10 minutes.
- In a small pan, heat the tuna (in water) over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring every so often with a wooden spoon.
- Add the Oikos plain Greek yogurt and taco seasoning and heat for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Take the tortillas out of the oven and spread with tuna.
- Garnish quickly (so that the tortillas don’t get hard) with grated cheese, salsa, Oikos Greek yogurt, diced tomatoes and lettuce.