- Combine the blueberries, blackberries and sugar in a small sauce pot and place over medium-low heat. Cook the berries for approximately 5 to 8 minutes, until they break and are soft and juicy,
- Mix the cornstarch with a few drops of water to dissolve. Add the cornstarch to the berries and stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture back to a gentle simmer. Remove the mixture from the heat, stir in the lemon juice and cool.
Maple Candied Pecans
- Reduce the maple syrup by half in a small sauté pan over medium heat. Add the pecans, toss to coat and continue cooking until most of the maple syrup is reduced and the pecans are glazed.
- Pour the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Allow the pecans to cool completely. Break the candied pecans into large pieces.
Vanilla Greek Yogurt Trifle
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, vanilla bean paste and maple syrup and whisk to combine.
- To assemble, divide the amoretti cookies amongst 4 glasses. Using half the yogurt, divide it amongst the four glasses so as to cover the cookies.
- Top each with 1 or – 2 tablespoons of the berry compote. Repeat with the remaining yogurt and finish each with the remaining berry compote and maple candied pecans.
- Garnish with a bud of fresh mint.