The least that can be said about my lifestyle is that it’s absolutely unstable. I only write in the morning. I’m hitched to my computer very early, with a big café-au-lait as my only friend. I work in a wine bar at night. I have party animal friends who drag me, often unexpectedly, into crazy nights that last until the wee hours of the morning. Then I start again. I eat more often than not at lunch time. I nibble at suppertime. I drink tea all day long to stay healthy. I devour a big salad at the end of the day, in the staff room.
When I finally get home late at night, I want to indulge in something simple. I want to prepare an easy and effective little treat without any fuss. A little treat just for me, to celebrate having survived all of this that is my life. I want to make a little treat that will fill my tummy and get me ready for bed, which is now so close.
Pears, yogurt, and brown sugar. Pop it in the oven and it’s done. Perfect.
- 1 can (398 ml) pear halves
- 1 ½ cups (375 ml) Oikos 0% vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) dark brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Open the can of pears and drain.
- Place the half-pears in an oven-proof dish, cut side up.
- Cover them with Oikos Vanilla Greek yogurt.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on top, put the dish in the oven for approximately 10 minutes, or until nice and hot.
- When the pears are done cooking, place the dish under the broiler for about 2 minutes, just to caramelize the brown sugar.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes.