Keeping your kids happy, healthy and safe is always at the top of your to-do list every day.
Since you can’t control the germs out there, in the real world, it’s nice to know there are a few ways to keep your home, especially your child’s bedroom, as germ-free as possible.
Here are a few tips:
- Wipe down. Use non-toxic cleansers to wipe down toys before and after use. When possible, keep antibacterial products nearby for easy use.
- Go alternative. For wiping down surfaces, make a simple all-purpose solution by mixing one part vinegar, with one part warm, soapy water. Dip a clean cloth into the solution and start wiping! Tip: mask the scent of vinegar by adding a few drops of essential oil.
- Have a cleaning schedule. Try scheduling a regular “cleaning day” each week—set aside time for wiping toys, washing sheets and cleaning floors. If your children are old enough, have them be a part of the process.
- Rely on the spin-cycle when possible. For stuffed animals, read the label and see which ones can hold up to your washer and dryer. This can help save you time.
- Wipe tiny hands. Be sure your little ones are cleaning their hands after playing with toys, especially when they’ve just arrived back home following school or daycare. A lot of germs can live in those little hands.